[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with OFDM Mod block

From: frankist
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with OFDM Mod block
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 11:54:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I was trying to use the OFDM Mod block to create a OFDM signal with FFT
size=8192, occupied tones=6818 and CP=2048

However I keep getting this error:

 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/digital/ofdm.py",
line 106, in __init__
    padded_preambles)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/digital/digital_swig.py",
line 4517, in ofdm_insert_preamble
    return _digital_swig.ofdm_insert_preamble(*args, **kwargs)
RuntimeError: digital_ofdm_insert_preamble: invalid length for preamble
symbol

If I use a lower number of occupied tones this error disappears but I was
interested in this number because it is close to the DVB-T 8k mode.

Can you explain me what am I doing wrong or if there is a workaround for
this problem

Thank you and Regards,
Francisco