Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re garding uhd_fft.grc

From: Ryan Connelly
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re garding uhd_fft.grc
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 09:01:17 -0400

My guess is it's a DC component resulting from the way the XCVR
downmixes from carrier frequency (direct conversion). I have that
problem too with an SBX daughterboard. There is a way to offset the LO
in the mixing stage to do low-IF instead of direct conversion and that
apparently removes the DC although I haven't tried that personally.

Also worth mentioning, it gets worse if you set the gain too high.