Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem compiling on "Raspbian wheezy".

From: Nick Foster
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem compiling on "Raspbian wheezy".
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 10:06:37 -0700

The --mfpu=neon flag is inappropriate for Raspberry Pi, which lacks NEON. I suspect Gnuradio's build system is detecting ARM and assuming NEON exists. I know gr-filter is doing this (see gnuradio/gnuradio-core/src/lib/filter/CMakeLists.txt line 212).

Some rudimentary checking for NEON is probably appropriate. Volk is already doing this, although its checks are at runtime so they look a little different than a CMake script would.

--n

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 5:26 AM, Martin Braun (CEL) <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 01:09:22PM +0100, Andrew Back wrote:
> But now it's crashing out at 68% when "Generating
> atsci_viterbi_mux.cc" — paste below.
>
> Can anyone suggest a possible fix? And let me know if more
> debug/environment information is required.

Until Phil comes up with something better, you can try building GR
without ATSC support (unless that's exactly what you were going for, you
probably won't need the ATSC module for anything else).

$ cmake -DENABLE_GR_ATSC=OFF ../

At least that would narrow down the troubleshooting.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)