Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] System overrun after short time

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] System overrun after short time
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 10:13:15 -0700

On 07/23/2012 03:08 AM, Luong Tan Phong wrote:
> Hi Lists,
>
> I wrote a program in C + + use gnuradio library to demodulate some signals.
> The
> program works well with the low data rate signal (below 20
> Ksymbols/s). With higher
> data rate signal: 200 Ksymbols/s, the program works well for a few minutes
> then the console window will appear the letters 'O' continuously and data
> after demodulation was wrong. With 1 Msymbols/s signal, the system can
> operate well over 1 minute.
>
> Could you help me to solve the problem, please?

It sounds like you found the tripping point where the rate of data
flowing into the buffers exceeds the rate of data being removed.

http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/general.html#overflow-underflow-notes

I admit, that is a rather low rate. Perhaps you have a filter with an
unexpectedly large number of taps? Or you max consider benchmarking the
performance of your demodulator code, or try to isolate which processing
block is slow, etc

-josh