Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Recording scarce AIS bursts

From: John Malsbury
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Recording scarce AIS bursts
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 09:39:15 -0700

You may not see optimal performance, but the standard or simple squelch in GNU Radio may meet these basic needs.  I've used it for similar functionality in other packet radio systems.  I'm not sure what the "carrier on" time is before modulation starts, so I can't promise that they will work w/ the higher datarate of AIS.

Nick,

Any thoughts?

-John