Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Intercommunicate processes

From: Pol Henarejos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Intercommunicate processes
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 09:19:04 +0200

Dear Tom,

Even though the loses are low, I would like to do not lose any sample. I
implemented a sink/source block using shared memory and I can guarantee
that there are no loses.
However I discovered a deeper problem. There is a strange behaviour with
hier_block2. I test the following topoly:
A -> B -> C -> D, where B and C are sink/source blocks (using shared
memory or udp, it does not matter, they are basic blocks). A and D are a
CRC encoder and decoder but in a hier_block2. In more detail, in A there
are the following connections:
Data_Generator -> CRC_attacher -> self
D is the reciprocal block. CRC_attacher is also a hier_block2 in the
following way:
self -> CRC_compute -> self

Hence, I use a hier_block2 inside another one. Yes, I know I could use
CRC_compute without being encapsulated in the hier_block2 but in the
future will be additional blocks.
With this topology there are CRC fails. If I use CRC_compute without
hier_block2 all CRC decodings are ok. So it seems there is a rare
problem with hier_block2.
I read a similar problem in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2009-04/msg00061.html
and therefore I put a kludge_copy after/before self connections. But the
problem still occurs.

What could it be?

Thanks.

Pol Henarejos
Research Engineer, MSc
address@hidden

Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC)
Engineering Unit
Parc Mediterrani de la Tecnologia
Av. Carl Friedrich Gauss, 7
08860 Castelldefels, Barcelona (Spain)