[Discuss-gnuradio] CMake/SWIG build problems

From: Felix Wunsch
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] CMake/SWIG build problems
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 15:31:01 +0200

Hi all,

I am currently preparing a release of my DRM transmitter blockset. This package shall contain my GNU Radio blocks and a set of classes (no blocks) used for initializing the transmitter parameters before the flow graph is started.

At the moment, I have a source tree generated by gr_modtool based on CMake that contains my GNU Radio blocks and creates the python module "drm" and a second folder containing the classes for initializing where I wrote the .i file myself and compile everything by hand. This folder ends up in "drm_init". Everything works fine if I do it like that but it's quite inconvenient.

Now I'd like to combine these two build processes in the CMake build and the two modules in one.

My first try was to add the source files in the CMakeLists file in lib/, the header files in include/. Then I added everything from my custom swig file in the existing one in swig/.

It compiles without any errors or warnings, but when I try to import my module, I get "undefined symbol" errors. I looked at the swig shared library file using "nm" and noticed that I have lots of undefined symbols in the part that contains my former drm_init module. The C++ shared library seems fine, so I guess it's a SWIG problem.

I would really appreciate it if somebody could give me a hint how I can configure CMake / SWIG correctly. The current (working) configuration can be found on github.com/fewu. The custom make file can be found under misc/, the other in the swig/ folder.

Best regards,
Felix