Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bootable CD with Gnuradio/GRC?

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bootable CD with Gnuradio/GRC?
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 08:28:46 +0200

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 3:43 AM, John Ackermann N8UR <address@hidden> wrote:
We're going to be doing a Gnuradio tutorial in conjunction with a ham radio conference next week and I'd like to hand out a bootable Gnuradio Companion CD so the attendees can follow along on their laptop.

I know Ettus has the USB drive environment, but we can't afford to hand out thumb drives, and I'm not sure what would be involved in trying to move it to a CD (and I'm juggling a million other things getting ready for the conference!).

Does anyone know of an image for a bootable Ubuntu or other Linux distro CD with the GRC stuff installed that's available for download?

Hi John,

If you have a fresh debian/ubuntu install with GNU Radio & dependencies, you can use Remasteresys to create a bootable and redistributable copy of the installation: http://www.remastersys.com/

Not sure if it can be on a CD though.

Alex