Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 8-channel receiver

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 8-channel receiver
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:57:40 -0700

On 09/28/2012 02:46 PM, Anisha Gorur wrote:
> Thanks Matt!
> Do you have any idea for what kind of latency we would expect? Also would

The dominating factor in latency here is the gigabit ethernet, this
tends to be around 100us. Here are a few notes about that:

http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/transport.html#latency-optimization

> the data be routed through the host? My Radio, We only have a couple months

Normally the samples would all go to the host computer that configured
the USRP. It is possible to configure the USRP with one machine but send
the samples to an arbitrary network location:

http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/usrp2.html#alternative-stream-destination

For that matter, there is nothing wrong with splitting up the USRP
configuration among several computers. It all depends how you plan on
using the data.

> to do this, but we have tried to synchronize USRPs before, so we are aware
> of some of the problems.

Anything in particular that I could help to clarify?

-josh