Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cannot make new signal processing block

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cannot make new signal processing block
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 11:39:27 -0400

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 3:47 AM, nexy_sm <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ok, I run the suggested command. And the problem is in importing module:
>

> UpdateCTestConfiguration  from
> :/home/savi_ne/work/gnuradio/gr-howto/build/DartConfiguration.tcl
> Start processing tests
> UpdateCTestConfiguration  from
> :/home/savi_ne/work/gnuradio/gr-howto/build/DartConfiguration.tcl
> Test project /home/savi_ne/work/gnuradio/gr-howto/build
> Constructing a list of tests
> Done constructing a list of tests
> Changing directory into /home/savi_ne/work/gnuradio/gr-howto/build/python
>   1/  1 Testing qa_howto
> Test command: /bin/sh
> /home/savi_ne/work/gnuradio/gr-howto/build/python/qa_howto_test.sh
> Test timeout computed to be: 9.99988e+06
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/savi_ne/work/gnuradio/gr-howto/python/qa_howto.py", line 24,
> in <module>
>     import howto_swig
> ImportError: No module named howto_swig
> -- Process completed
> ***Failed
>
> 0% tests passed, 1 tests failed out of 1
>
> The following tests FAILED:
>           1 - qa_howto (Failed)
> Errors while running CTest
>
> Any suggestions?
> In the line that causes the error is written following:
> import howto_swig # Can't import howto because that module does not yet
> exist
>
> Regards

Looks like you haven't done the installation properly. Is the SWIG
interface file correct? All of the CMakeLists.txt files updated?
What's your install path? If it's not a standard path (/usr,
/usr/local) you'll have to make sure Python knows where to find it
(PYTHONPATH=...).

Have you looked at using gr_modtool.py
(https://github.com/mbant/gr-modtool)? It helps make sure the setup is
done correctly to install everything properly.

Tom