Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM MODULATION/DEMODULATION PROBLEM

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM MODULATION/DEMODULATION PROBLEM
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 10:39:02 -0700

On 10/19/2012 05:09 AM, Bilal wrote:
> 1)removed still no output...:-(
>
> 2)thread[thread-per-block[0]: <gr_block gr uhd usrp source (12)>]: caught
> unrecognized exception
>
> i think this is not an error as it appears when i close the window....

That might be ok. I think its a boost issue on ubuntu 10.04. So I am
guessing this is ubuntu 10.04, but i could be wrong :-)

> 3) i have connected scope with random source to see transmitted integers
> still no output at receiver.
> (tried even simple sin wave).

The scope sink is working for you, right? No some weird OpenGL freezing
issue. If you make a simulation only flow graph like noise_source
->throttle->scope sink, you see the noise?

I suppose the first thing to do before transmitting OFDM would be to
verify the RX chain with some simple test tones. Is the antenna
selection correct, power levels, etc. Does the daughterboard report
locked when tuned?

-josh

PS: some of the uhd examples liek ascii_art_dft automatically check for
dboard lock; hope that helps