[Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio-companion & hamlib bodging

From: Darren Long
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio-companion & hamlib bodging
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 14:35:51 +0000

Hi,

In gnuradio-companion,  I'm tring to control my KX3 transceiver using
hamlib's rigctl utility.

I've bodged a call to:
    float(pexpect.run("rigctl -m 229 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -s 38400 f"))
in a variable block's value, and then used that to set the wxgui
waterfall sink's baseband frequency, which works but i'm trying to
figure out 2 more things.

1) Can i do something similar to set the KX3's vfo frequency? a similar
command to rigctl can be used if i can bodge the call  into Freq Set
Varname somehow.

2) Somehow i need to accommodate physical knobulation of the VFO on the
radio, and keep the waterfall scale in sinc with the radio, i.e. by
polling the same command i've used above.  Is there any chance i can do
that via similar bodging in gnuradio-companion, or, am I actually going
to have to write actually write some code?

Cheers,

Darren, G0HWW