Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Community Manager

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Community Manager
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 12:10:50 +0100

Hi list,

as the new community manager, I'd like to write a couple of words and
introduce myself.
For those who've been on this list for a while, you might already know
me as the author of gr_modtool[1], the GSoC slave-driver or the guy
who always answers people's emails with links to the gnuradio.org website.

Since I joined this list in 2007, not only has GNU Radio become a lot
better, but also the documentation and community has grown. The current
wiki site is chock-a-block with tutorials, howtos etc., IRC is no longer
just idle and there's even a GNU Radio sub-reddit[2]. I'd go as far as
saying that we're close to optimal, whatever that is.

Even before becoming the community manager, I've always tried to encourage
people to pick up GNU Radio hacking by curating the web site and
providing code such as gr-modtool as well as advertising it at my lab[3]
as well as conferences I have visited in the past, so I will make this a
general motto of my job here.

Finally, I'd like to involve all of you: GNU Radio is largely a
community effort, and there's tons you can do, possibly without even any
additional effort:
* Contribute the gnuradio.org, after all, it's a wiki
* Read the FAQ, and add Q&As if you find that necessary
* Use GNU Radio to write your own applications and tools, and share them
  with us

OK, that's all for now. Have fun with GNU Radio,

Martin

[1] https://github.com/mbant/gr-modtool
[2] http://www.reddit.com/r/GNURadio/
[3] http://www.cel.kit.edu/