Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] File Sink slow?

From: mleech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] File Sink slow?
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 10:40:44 -0500

On 07 Nov 2012 10:36, Eral Türkyilmaz wrote:

ripnet.com> writes:
Try re-enabling buffering. Try simplifying your flow, so that you're doing less conversion to various
forms -- each of those steps costs some number of operations, and your total
data flow is 4Msps, because you're looking at two channels of 2Msps.

Ok I tried now to dump both channels directly to a file and turned buffering on
again. (see http://s14.postimage.org/r5ekme5pd/dump_test.jpg)

The whole datarate is now 2*2MS/s = 4 MS/s and the disk writing speed should be
at least 2*2MS/s*4byte/S (I and Q) = 16MB/s. I still get some overruns.