[Discuss-gnuradio] writing packet payloads to file

From: Colleen Josephson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] writing packet payloads to file
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 18:28:13 -0500

Hello all,

I am researching a new coding algorithm. I am transmitting and coding a text file using payload_tx.py and then write the binary of the packet payload to a file to do offline analysis.

I am having trouble writing packet payloads to file, however, because the I can't seem to find a way to get data out of a gr_message except for the to_string() method. If I try and convert the string back to binary (my attempt involved python's binascii module), I get an "Error: illegal char" message.

This makes sense, since the data is still coded, and should not be a valid ascii string. But how can I get around this problem and write binary to file?

--
Colleen Josephson
http://www.cjosephson.net