Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Using MacPorts

From: Arturo Rinaldi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Using MacPorts
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 01:06:35 +0100

Nella citazione in data Tue Nov 20 20:35:14 2012, Michael Dickens ha scritto:
I just updated the GNU Radio ports in MacPorts to the latest release (3.6.2),
GIT master (commit afea463f07), and GIT Next branch (commit c0b35b4ec7).  By
using a single Portfile for all 3 versions, I should be able to maintain the
ports more easily and keep the more up to date as releases and GIT commits
happen.

If you're using OSX, any version though MacPorts targets 10.5 and newer, I
would appreciate your feedback as to whether these ports work for you or not.
Well, OK, the Next port won't yet due to some issue with Boost and the real
time clock; but, this is known to GR developers and they're working on it
(right?).  The other ports should work, with GCC or Clang as you like.

Along the way, I came upon 3 issues:

1) Clang and ASM don't play nice with ".version" commands.  Tom has already
addressed this in a patch, but it's not yet in the GIT master or next branch.  I am using
that patch in my port until it is no longer necessary.

2) If GNU Radio is already installed (e.g., by MacPorts), then <gruel/*.h> will be picked
up as dependencies from the already-installed files rather than from the current build.  I work
around this (at least partially) by modifying the CMake "build.make" dependencies to
be the correct files (those in the current build).  I've looked at the build debug output, and
it seems OK -- so, I'm thinking this is more of a CMake internal issue (in the way it
determines dependencies) rather than a GNU Radio CMake build script issue (in the ordering of
dependency directories).  But, maybe not?  Anyway, thought folks might want to know.  I know
I've encountered this issue before; it requires that one uninstall GNU Radio, re-do the CMake
command, and then the build works.

3) Python scripts are installed into ${prefix}/lib/pythonX.Y/site-packages .
Always.  And I cannot change this setting to the best of my reading.  I use a
post-destroot hook that moves the whole site-packages directory into the
appropriate Python MacPorts framework directory.  It would be good to be able
to control where these files are placed via some CMake command-line option.

Enjoy! - MLD

FIRST ERROR on Lion 10.7.5 and MacPorts 2.1.2, can't fetch teh patch file :

Error: org.macports.fetch for port gnuradio returned: fetch failed
Please see the log file for port gnuradio for details:
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_science_gnuradio/gnuradio/main.log
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
   http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: Processing of port gnuradio failed

any ideas ? do i have to wait some time beacuse of server side issues ?

Thanks in advance, Arturo