[Discuss-gnuradio] Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum Question.

From: Ahmed Zaheer
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum Question.
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 07:20:05 -0800 (PST)

I was trying to implement Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum in gnuradio. In the transmitting flowgraph I am using GLFSR source to multiply it with the file which I am transmitting. At the receiver end I am able to receive it by multiplying it with same GLFSR source with the same values. But there is no acquisition being done. I am seeing a block named PN Correlator. But I don't know what this block does and where should I use this block in the flowgraph. My question is does anybody know what the PN Correlator block does and is it performing the acquisition or not.

Any help/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.