Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] False Packets for benchmark TX/RX

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] False Packets for benchmark TX/RX
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 10:49:15 -0500

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Yahya Ezzeldin <address@hidden> wrote:
Thank you Tom,

I have been experimenting with the working setting that I have now.

Why do other modulations like bpsk, qpsk fail while gmsk works perfectly ?

That's a very open-ended question and can't be answered. There are so many physical realities to getting signals to work, so it's likely not just one thing (and certainly won't be as easy as it sounds when you read a textbook on the difference in BER performance of modulation schemes).

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that you don't want to use BPSK or QPSK. Use DBPSK and DQPSK instead. There is no mechanism for resolving the phase ambiguity at the receivers. So when running these signals, make sure that they are differentially encoded (use the -v option to get a verbose output of the parameters).

Tom

Best Regards,
--
Yahya Ezzeldin