[Discuss-gnuradio] Gerrit and Jenkins?

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gerrit and Jenkins?
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 10:39:32 -0500

I'm wondering whether the GR "powers that be" are thinking that GR has gotten
big enough to move to using "Gerrit Git Review with Jenkins CI Server"?  I'm
now part of a project that's using it, and I also maintain (in MacPorts) the Qt
port and the Qt project uses this method too; so I'm learning the ropes.  My
initial impression is that it's a pretty useful method for distributed revision
control when there are multiple developers.  I think the main points in this
system are: code review prior to merging with the master including multiple
patchsets for a given changeset, and integrated build testing for each commit.

Here are some URLs:

< http://alblue.bandlem.com/2011/02/someday.html >
< http://alblue.bandlem.com/2011/02/gerrit-git-review-with-jenkins-ci.html >
< http://vimeo.com/20084957 >