Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [ Calculating the amplitude of a signal source ]

From: Nazmul Islam
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [ Calculating the amplitude of a signal source ]
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 23:38:59 -0500

Hi Ashish,

I have always found it difficult to measure the amplitude of each sample using the floating point strengths. Things like frequency offset will change the result and affect the individual samples.

However, calculation of average power based floating point strength works for me. For example, I have measured the power of a received sinusoid using FFT. The strength of the floating point outputs of FFT scale expectantly with the transmitted power.

Thanks,

Nazmul