Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about bbn_80211b_rx.py

From: Kexiong Zeng
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about bbn_80211b_rx.py
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 11:57:12 -0500

I solved this problem by using WBX daughterboard instead of SBX. Now, the USRP2 can decode some packets transmitted by the APs. I have posted the result in last email.
I think the problem is caused by low SNR.

However, I still have a few questions:
1. I think the what I got is 802.11b beacon frame, because the SSID is corresponding to my AP. Is it right?
2. The daughterboard information is :

         WBX 50-2200 MHz Rx/Tx

         SBX 400-4400 MHz Rx/Tx

It's weird that I can catch the packet on 2.412G Hz by WBX rather than SBX. The highest frequency bound of WBX is just 2.2G.
3. What's the unit of the RSSI in bbn_80211b_rx.py? The RSSI I got is -96, if it means -96dbm, that would be too weak for a 802.11b signal.