Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Making a transparent block for throughput measure

From: mleech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Making a transparent block for throughput measurement
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 11:11:18 -0500

On 12 Dec 2012 10:59, Tom Rondeau wrote:

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 10:55 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:

Dataflow through Python is unpleasantly sluggish.

Yes. Writing blocks in Python is not at all recommended except in the development stage. Once you know how your block works mathematically/algorithmically/logically, move it over to a C++ block.

Tom

Processing on low-sample-rate stuff is also fine.  I do that in my meteor-detector, since I'm only processing about 200sps, although not using the gr-extras mechanism.