Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sending single tone Am modulated using usrp1+wbx

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sending single tone Am modulated using usrp1+wbx
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 13:00:54 -0500

Ok, I will try with an attenuator, but I suppose I can work too(while I get an attenuator) with two antennas setting the proper gain for each one, but now I have the next question: Independently if I work with attenuator or antennas, why the gain affects the spectrum and shape of the received signal?

Thanks.

Without seeing the details, I can't comment in detail.

But as you increase the RX gain, more of the weaker components of the signal start to rise above the noise floor of your configuration, so you can
  see them. As you increase gain further, depending on the strength of the TX signal, you end up with the amplifier operating in a non-linear fashion,
  thus distorting the signal.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator