Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] nVidia's Tegra 4 has SDR - the i500 LTE soft mode

From: Lin HUANG
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] nVidia's Tegra 4 has SDR - the i500 LTE soft modem from Icera
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 14:51:27 +0800

Hi Albert,

If that is as you said, Icera won't open the instruction set and develop tool, and all the software are encrypted. Then this chipset is not suitable for people like GNU Radio guys to DIY something. So, what is the major market of this chipset? Cellphone manufactor? Let them to develop more diverse products?

I paid attention to Icera's solution for a long time. I hope there will be a small chipset which can be used as CPU plus USRP, with low power comsumption, suitable for mobile terminal. Based on your knowledge on industry, do you thinkĀ  when and what kind of solution may come to market? What is 'a scalable computer farm
that can do distributed SDR' that you said?

Regards
Lin