[Discuss-gnuradio] Python block composed of other blocks

From: maiconkist
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Python block composed of other blocks
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 05:26:31 -0800 (PST)

Hi list,

I'm trying to write a block in python.

What I want to do is create a block that passes the signal through some well
know blocks (such as FFT), do its processing and output the signal.

Basically, what I did so far is:

#####
class energy_detector(gr.hier_block2):
        class energy_calculator(gr.sync_block):
                """ Nested class
                """
                def __init__(self, fft_size):
                        gr.sync_block.__init__(
                                        self,
                                        name = "energy_detector",
                                        in_sig =  [np.dtype((np.float32,
fft_size))],
                                        out_sig = [np.float32]
                                        )

                        def work(self, input_items, output_items):
                                """ Work here
                                """

                                return len(out)

                """
                Main block
                """
        def __init__(self, fft_size):
                """
                Constructor
                """

                """ Initialize our energy detector block
                        in_sig:  vector of fft_size elements
                        out_sig: one float for each input vector
                """
                gr.hier_block2.__init__(
                                self,
                                name = "energy_detector",
                                in_sig =  [np.dtype((np.float32, fft_size))],
                                out_sig = [np.float32]
                                )

                #
                # Blocks
                #
                self.fft  =  fft. fft_vcc(fft_size, True, [], False)
                self.v2s = gr.vector_to_stream(gr.sizeof_gr_complex, fft_size)
                self.c2f = gr.complex_to_float()
                self.s2v = gr.stream_to_vector(gr.sizeof_float, fft_size)
                self.ec  = self.energy_calculator(fft_size)

                # Flow graph
                self.connect(self, self.fft, self.v2s, self.c2f, self.s2v,
self.ec, self)
########

But it does not work. What can I do to achieve the result I need ?

Thanks