[Discuss-gnuradio] WX GUIs using FFTs not working

From: C. Bassa
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] WX GUIs using FFTs not working
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 19:34:00 +0000

Hi,

After building gnu-radio v3.6.3-35 with the build-gnuradio script the
WX GUIs that use FFTs do not work (waterfall sink, fft sink),
reporting "gri_fftw: can't import wisdom from $HOME/.gr_fftw_wisdom".
That file does exist, has the right permissions (664) and contains
fftwf_wisdom information.

Non-fft WX GUI sinks like scope and histo sink do work when using a
throttled noise source as input (all created through grc).

I have a fftw3 compiled and installed in /usr/local and the
build-gnuradio script installed the libraries and header files in
/usr; not sure if this is part of the problem.

Before this issue there were problems with wx; failing the 'import wx'
on anything that used wx. It appeared I had both python-wxgtk2.6 and
python-wxgtk2.8 installed. After removing both and installing
python-wxgtk2.8 that problem went away, but may have caused the FFT
problem.

Regards,
    C. Bassa