[Discuss-gnuradio] can't build on a fresh installation of Ubuntu 12.10

From: Arturo Rinaldi
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] can't build on a fresh installation of Ubuntu 12.10
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 15:43:03 +0100

Here we go again.....after a fresh installation of kubuntu 12.10 x64 on my brand new laptop, i get a build error at the 94% of the entire process both of the stable tarball and of the git version.

The permormed steps are always the same :

+ satisfy the required dependencies with the "build-gnuradio" script

then :

+ mkdir build | cmake ../ | make -j5

and i get an error about the TRELLIS section. My first choice was obviously to install the pre-compiled x64 binary but since i also need Skype and Wine on my laptop the gnuradio "deb" conflicts with the ia32-libs....from here my need to build from source and make a deb package within cmake itself.

any suggesions about it ?

thank you in advance as always

Kind Regards,

          Arturo