Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Work around for gr.multiply_cc( ) for non NEON en

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Work around for gr.multiply_cc( ) for non NEON enabled ARM devices
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 10:42:14 -0500

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 10:08 AM, Karl Petrow <address@hidden> wrote:

Has anyone developed a work around for replacing gr.multiple_cc() to work on ARM devices that have to disable NEON in order to install?  I have two lines in gr.ais that keep giving me overflow.

Thanks ahead of time,

karl

You can turn it off. Have you run 'volk_profile' on the system, yet? If so, that would have generated a ~/.volk/volk_config. You can edit that file by hand to specify the architecture you want as 'generic' for whatever kernel is causing you trouble. This just runs a standard C for loop with no SIMD instructions (except whatever the compiler tries to do).

Tom