Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to access hierarchical blocks saved in .grc_g

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to access hierarchical blocks saved in .grc_gnuradio
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 15:02:28 -0500

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Achilleas Anastasopoulos <address@hidden> wrote:
I made a hierarchical block with gnuradio-companion and it saved it
into .grc_gnuradio

Next time I open gnuradio-companion, will I have this available as a
gnuradio block?
and if yes, where is it, ie, under what section in the right menu?

thanks
Achilleas

Achilleas,

Yes, you should be able to access your hier_blocks using the [Custom] menu on the right menu.

Also, if you are using GNU Radio from master, next, or 3.6.3, there is also a new button on the toolbar that's a blue arrow in a near circle. The popup text reads 'Reload Blocks'. If you push this, your [Custom] menu will be repopulated with any new blocks you've created so you no longer have to shut down and relaunch GRC.

Tom