[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 4 Channel Subdev Issue

From: Tom Hendrick
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 4 Channel Subdev Issue
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 11:07:55 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,

I am trying to make the USRP1 work with 4 independent real signal channels (not IQ) using two RX daughterboards.  In the older versions of GNURadio I was able to make this work with a custom block I had found in a repository or from somebody on the mailing list.

I am using GRC to make scripts and in the newer UHD version I'm having trouble making this work with 4 channels.  I can make 2 channels work by setting the Mb0:subdev specification in the UHD block to A:A A:B, or even A:B B:B, etc.
When I try to make all four work by setting A:A A:B B:A B:B (four independent real channels) I get the following error:

RuntimeError: ValueError: The subdevice specification "A:A A:B B:A B:B" is too long.
The user specified 4 channels, but there are only 2 rx dsps on mboard 0.

Does anyone know how I can properly call the subdevice specification and make this work without needing a custom block (I'm not skilled enough to write complicated blocks)? Again, in the older GNURadio version I was able to get 4 real RX channels to work independently with a custom block someone else had written.  I don't think its compatible with the newer UHD version as it was done in 2009.

Thank you, - Tom