Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 4 Channel Subdev Issue

From: Tom Hendrick
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 4 Channel Subdev Issue
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 14:20:06 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Josh.
I've tried some different combinations of uhd_usrp_probe --args="serial=123456, recv_frame_size=16384,num_recv_frames=16" and varied recv_frame_size up to something really high like 1,000,000 and num_recv_frames up to 400 and didn't get the segementation fault error.

When I run my 4 channel RX script after trying some different configurations I am still getting overruns.  If I change the USRP sampling rate to 500kS/s but leave the file rate at 500kS/s the overruns go away however I want to sample the USRP at 1MS/s to have a flatter frequency response.  This leads me to think the Overruns are not caused by the file writing part.

The fusb_block and fusb_nblocks setting were both set to 512*32 in the older GNURadio version and custom USRP 4 channel source block.  The same script in the older GNURadio version still runs with no Overruns even at 1Ms/s for each of the 4 USRP channels.

Is there anything else I can try?  Do I need to also alter the send_frame_size and num_send_frames in the uhd_usrp_probe calls?

Thank you, Tom