Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute

From: Nathan West
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'square_ff'.
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 14:16:45 -0600

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 2:05 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:

> ---- Nathan West <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the error that
>> happens if you haven't run `ldconfig` (on Ubuntu).
>>
>> Try `sudo ldconfig` There's a gnuradio wiki page that explains what it does
>> somewhere.
>>
> Im sorry this is probably a super basic question but which directory should i
> run the 'sudo ldconfig'?  because i am getting a similar error (running a a
> different program in GRC, OP25_grc.py) that made me disable some GUI sliders;
> but now the program is dies a different way.

It shouldn't matter which directory you run it in. It just updates the
dynamic linker config (see `man ldconfig` for info) and doesn't have
anything to do with the current working directory

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/OutOfTreeModules#Finalizing-your-work-and-installing
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/FAQ#I-get-an-error-when-importing-from-Python-_gnuradio_swig_py_runtimeso-undefined-symbol-what-do-I-do

You'll have to copy and paste any errors before I (or anyone else)
will have a chance of knowing what the problem is, but the above links
may be useful as well.
I also don't know what OP25_grc.py is. But it sounds like something
you made. Does your module pass make test?