Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] tunnel.py command not working.

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] tunnel.py command not working.
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 17:53:16 -0500

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 2:01 PM, sumitstop
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Tom what do you mean by using different Tx & Rx frequencies.

I mean exactly that: use different frequencies like in an FDD system.
Set the transmit frequency to f_tx and the receive frequency to f_rx.
When you run "tunnel.py -h", you'll see options "--tx-freq" and
"--rx-freq". Just setting "--freq" automatically sets tx_freq =
rx_freq = freq.

> Also recently I did following. I connected 2 usrp with a single PC and ran 2
> instances of tunnel in it with 1 usrp for each. Made two virtual ethernet
> interfaces gr0 & gr1 also set two different ip addresses. And I was able to
> ping from one ip address to another. I also did ssh and scp.
>
> Now suddenly I am getting doubt that was that a wireless ping ?? Or was it
> just withing a system i.e ping between two virtual ethernet interfaces
> inside the system.

It was probably being done internally. First check your routing table,
but your system is probably being smart and just passing packets over
the loopback device. You can use wireshark/tcpdump to check this out.

> If it was within the system then I might have made a wrong screen cast on
> this tunnel thing which I recently uploaded on my channel
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLvV2Q7vh-o
>
> PS : Video is a bit blurred but one can easily make out

Tom