Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Google Summer of Code 2013

From: Alex Zhang
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Google Summer of Code 2013
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 11:55:23 -0600

It's cool! Thanks!

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Martin Braun (CEL) <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:38:40AM -0600, Alex Zhang wrote:
> For me, I am very interested in that is there any open project to improve the
> data rate and packet loss for the GNURadio based OFDM?
>
> Some guys claimed that the LTE standards are implemented with USRP and PC by
> SIMD programming. But their code are not open.
>
> If GNURadio based OFDM can support high data rate as LTE, the PC based access
> point or LTE base station can be used for a wide range of research, especially
> the real large scale network.

Hi Alex,

perhaps you might be interested in two ongoing projects:

https://github.com/benreynwar/gnuradio/tree/ofdm
is a rehaul of the current OFDM implementation.

https://github.com/kit-cel/gr-lte
is an LTE receiver for the broadcast channels, although pretty early in
it's development.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)