[Discuss-gnuradio] heterogeneous block io signature and QA

From: Nathan West
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] heterogeneous block io signature and QA
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 02:04:13 -0600

I'm trying to make a block with mixed input types. Something along the lines of:
if somebyte = x
    do foo to complex input, send to complex output
else // somebyte = y
    do bar to complex input, send to complex output

I thought I figured out the io signature because it compiled, but it's
doing a core dump starting the block during QA testing. I've attached
some relevant code with some variable changes to hopefully keep it a
little easier to read:
https://gist.github.com/n-west/5097491
I think this is the specific error: """/usr/bin/python: free():
invalid pointer: 0x0a858ce0 ***"""

I've grepped around the source tree and used gr_vector_map and
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/BlocksCodingGuide
to try to get the io signature correct. That same url (I know it's
outdated but it's the only thing I could find talking about mixed type
inputs) mentions overloading start(), but I haven't seen any other
blocks that do that.

For the sake of actually having questions:
a) Does it look like the io signature is ok?
b) Any idea on how to go about fixing this?

-Nathan