Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Very low packet loss rate for the discontinuous B

From: Jawad Seddar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Very low packet loss rate for the discontinuous BPSK communications- the analysis and looking for solution
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 20:16:13 +0100

In my case I am inclined to think that the problem might come from the emitter, here is why :

First, I am mostly getting errors on the last packet of the burst rather than the first (95% of the time).

I have tweaked the benchmark_tx file a bit so that I could adjust the length of the burst and the sleeping time between two bursts : when using large bursts, the receiver receives all packets as if it were a continuous transmission and therefore no errors occur on the last packet of the burst.

So the transmitter stops adding packets to the queue but still is sending packets inside the queue through the antenna.

It seems to me that this could actually be a weird effect from the transmitter that cuts power (or something along those lines) before the last packet is completely transmitted.

Thank you for the tips, and if you want me to create my own topic for this issue, just say the word.