Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Terminal commands

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Terminal commands
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 19:30:41 +0100

Hi Manjusha,

what you most propably want to do is something of the like
# ncat -l -u 12346
to see what your deframer spits out.

To see what your transmitter is going to transmit, you should
use whatever software generates the data and sends it to port 12345.
Presuming you're using the ubiquitous bash, you can use something like
# ncat -u 12345 < mylovelettertognuradio.txt

Three Notes anyway:
1. That data will be binary. If you don't input bytes that map to "readable" characters, you won't see much meaningfulness on your terminal.
2. Transmitting and receiving simultaneously on the same daughterboard
is tough, to be honest. The crosstalk is most propably stronger than your reception. Be warned.
3. Is UDP really the protocol of your choice in both cases?

Happy Hacking!

Marcus Müller