[Discuss-gnuradio] modulation packet loss

From: Patrick Cunniff
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] modulation packet loss
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 11:46:48 -0400

Hi,

When doing any type of modulation, I'm losing the last packet or two. I'm wondering if it's possible to either get rid of packetization all together or to output the piece of the last packet received even though it doesn't get filled completely. Inside of packet.py, it seems to be stuck in here:
msg = self._msgq.delete_head()

and doesn't get to call

ok, payload = packet_utils.unmake_packet(msg.to_string(), int(msg.arg1()))

Another issue I've been having that's less important is whenever I'm using it with USRP's from one computer to another, the beginning chunk of data gets lost. This may have to do with some sort of synchronization but I would have no clue where to start with that.

Thanks, Patrick