[Discuss-gnuradio] Set USRP clock to system time in GRC

From: Martin Luelf
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Set USRP clock to system time in GRC
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 17:05:24 +0200

Hi list,

I am wondering if it is possible to set a USRP clock to the system time
within GRC. I know this is straightforward in Python and C++ using the
set_time_now method, but as I use GRC a lot I don't want to edit the
generated python files everytime after I do some changes to my flowgraph.

I already checked the source (master a few weeks old) but there seems to
be no call of set_time_now or set_time_next_pps. (I believe there have
been no patches the last weeks regarding this?)

If there is no way of doing this in GRC right now, is there any reason not
to add this to the UHD sink/source to set the clocks to system time by
default?

Have a nice weekend.
Yours
Martin Luelf