Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How many preambles uesd in ofdm example for frame

From: Yingjie Chen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How many preambles uesd in ofdm example for frame synchronization, 10 short preambles ?
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 11:49:14 +0800

Thanks for your reply. I still have one question. I try to plot the peak detection data to observe the the shape of the peak, which seems like a plateau(square wave).I have done a simulation before in matlab.  If only one preamble exist, when the 1st half of the preamble correlate with 2nd half, the shape of peak should be much sharper(like a triangle), because the repeated pattern is not enough.
My question is :
If gunradio only use one preamble with 2 repeated pattern, the shape of the peak should look like a triangle rather than a plateau, is that right?

2013/4/6 Tom Rondeau <address@hidden>
On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 10:01 AM, Yingjie Chen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> Thanks in advance.
> In default setting, I wonder if gunradio has followed the 802.11 standand
> using 10 short preambles for synchronization or not.
> Hope anyone can tell me.

No, it is not. Just a standard implementation of the Schmidl and Cox
algorithm, so one preamble the same length as all other symbols with a
repeated pattern in time (i.e., the first half of the symbol is
repeated in the second half of the symbol).

Tom