[Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM behaviour of recent UHDs

From: Vincenzo Pellegrini
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM behaviour of recent UHDs
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 22:39:47 +0200

Hi everybody,

I have been experiencing some difficulties in obtaining
the same "signal clarity" performance that I used to have with

uhd_003.004.000-f500b92

when I tried to transmit the same samples of the same signal
(also same usrp B100, same XCVR2450 front-end, same frequency =5.8GHz, same receiving device, same tx/rx antenna positions)
with both:

uhd_003.005.001
and
uhd_003.005.002

at the following links you can find images of a DVB-T modulation analyzer exposed to both transmissions.

www.pellegrini-radio.it/uhd_003.004.000-f500b92.jpg
www.pellegrini-radio.it/uhd_003.005.002.jpg

If you look at the MER value, a much poorer constellation quality is evident when operating with the newer UHD and its matched images.
(no performance difference was noticed in this respect between uhd_003.005.001 and uhd_003.005.002).

Has this been experienced before?
As somethin changed in between that I should be aware of?

my best regards to everybody

vince

--
Vincenzo Pellegrini