[Discuss-gnuradio] New GSoC idea on Automatic Modulation Recognition Sch

From: Ravi Sharan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] New GSoC idea on Automatic Modulation Recognition Scheme.
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 00:52:40 +0530

Hello GNU Radio Folks,
                                  I'm Ravi Sharan, a Senior Undergraduate student from India. I'm presently working on Spectrum sensing for Cognitive Radio and I have quite good experience playing with GNU Radio since almost an year. I will be joining IIT Hyderabad as Research Assistant starting this June 2nd, where I will be working on Spectrum Sensing using Automatic Modulation Classifiers. I am applying to GSoC this year and I have this idea of developing a standalone script for Automatic Modulation Recognition scheme, similar to usrp_spectrum_sense.py. I have found this following paper on Automatic Modulation Classifier For Military Applications really interesting and would like to code around this summer as a GSoC and if possible add some more tweaks to it. Would love to hear your (GNU Radio folk's) response.

Regards,
Ravi Sharan B A G.,
23/04/2013.