Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Volk machine: ssse3_32 segmentation faults (was R

From: Brian Stamper
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Volk machine: ssse3_32 segmentation faults (was RE: How to diagnose make test failures)
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 14:04:38 -0400

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Barry Jackson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Brian
> I think you misunderstood.
> We were using boost-1.52 which is blacklisted for gnuradio, hence the need
> for us to update to 1.53.
>
> I don't think these current test failure problems are boost related and
> AFAIK there is no reason for you to update boost.
>
> The test failures I see (the ones that report segfault) are only when
> building for i586, which is why I am interested in following this thread.
>
> Barry

Yeah, things didn't really change for me by upgrading boost. (I did
make uninstall and rebuilt the whole deal, just to be sure.)

I think I may stick with a volk_config using all 'sse2', which gives
me just the 114 - qa_ctcss_squelch and 151 - qa_constellation_receiver
failures, and really it turns out that #151 only fails sometimes. I
looked at the other thread about the qa_ctcss_squelch and didn't
really find anything new, so I still need to dig into that.

On an OT note, I recently learned my distro of choice (Fuduntu) is
reaching end-of-life, so I'll be starting this process over in a
different context at some point anyway, though I do believe some of
these issues are more related to hardware (like instruction set
capabilities) rather than software.

Brian