Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using the GRUEL msg_queue

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using the GRUEL msg_queue
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 13:33:14 -0400

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 9:14 PM, Tommy Tracy II <address@hidden> wrote:
> More information on this.
>
> I checked the build directory to see if the gruel/msg_queue had built.
> cd ~/src/gnuradio/build/gruel/src/lib/msg
> ls
> **nothing**
> I then GREPd my python/gruel directory and couldn't find any msg_queue
> either.
>
> This leads me to believe that gruel/msg_queue wasnt installed.

The msg and pmt directories get built directly into libgruel. In the
gruel/src/lib/CMakeLists.txt file, that's what the
GR_INCLUDE_SUBDIRECTORY does for us; we can physically separate files
into directories to organize things, but logically, when we build,
it's all treated like it's on the same level.

> I tried to build gruel:
>
> cd ~/src/gnuradio/gruel/build
> cmake ../
>
> -- The C compiler identification is GNU
> -- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
> -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
> -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:23 (include):
>   include could not find load file:
>
>     GrBoost
>

> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:25 (include):
>   include could not find load file:
>
>     GrPython
>

> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:30 (include):
>   include could not find load file:
>
>     GrComponent
>

> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:31 (GR_REGISTER_COMPONENT):
>   Unknown CMake command "GR_REGISTER_COMPONENT".
>

> CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
>   No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as
>
>     cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)
>
>   should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be
> lower
>   if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more
>   information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
> This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

> Is there something missing from my build, or is this a bug?

You won't be able to build gruel independently from GNU Radio. It uses
some .cmake files defined in cmake/Modules.

Tom