Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A question on gnuradio capacity of handling real

From: LD Zhang
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A question on gnuradio capacity of handling real time data streaming and signal processing with USRP N210 + gnuradio on host linux computer
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 17:29:42 -0700

I am still learning from on line examples on how to do this in the gnuradio flow graph for testing out the ideas.

There seems to be two kinds of approaches to deal with the potential problem of data stream processing choke up:

1. Use a filterbank with many outputs. But for each output use a digital downconversion (DDC) block so that the data rates can go way down. Do say 5 streams at a time. Use throttle, or delay (if there is any), or skip head block to delay the processing the rest of the streams (besides the 5).

2. Still use the same filterbank but with no DDC. Phase lock on the first 5 carriers and delay/throttle/skip the rest. When done with the first 5, record the phase and terminate execution. Then move on the rest, so on and so forth.

I would like to check if these ideas sound correct. Also since I am a beginner in GRC, I am curious to hear for a seasoned developer which of the two above looks easier to do.

Thanks,

LD