Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Releases planned, merge of 3.7 next branch into m

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Releases planned, merge of 3.7 next branch into master
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 21:59:40 -0400

I'm looking at these changes and trying to come up with a good way to integrate
them into the MacPorts gnuradio {release, devel, next} ports.  Updating the
release to 3.6.5 seems like a good idea.  I'd prefer to keep the devel port on
3.6.5 + bug fixes, since that's what it is supposed to represent -- will there
be a GIT branch for the 3.6.5 series, kept separately from the post-next-merged
master?  Right now, I'll sent it to check out the 3.6.5 tag.  Given that many
projects out there do not yet support the 3.7 API (e.g., gr-osmosdr, which I
just checked tonight), I'd like to keep the next port on the 3.7 API, which is
now the GIT master.  I think this division makes sense, and is less confusing
to end-users from a MacPorts perspective (release is release, devel is for
bug-fixes on the release, and next is for the next API purposes -- the bleeding
edge as it were).  Thoughts? - MLD