Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build-gnuradio statistics

From: Martin Lülf
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build-gnuradio statistics
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 18:44:55 +0200

Hi,

I would solve this with a small PHP Script on the webserver (or whatever scripting language is available on the webserver). The script can evaluate the called URL including parameters.

So in the build gnuradio script you would call something like this
wget http://example.com/script.php?param1=5&param2=pi

The Script on the webserver will now have access to param1 and param2 and can store them in a Database, or whatever you would like to do and can return (echo) a few charakters (e.g. 1 ok, 0 malformed parameter).

This way the build gnuradio script can then evaluate the content of the downloaded file to see if anything went wrong.

For this to work you only need HTTP access to the script webserver on the install PC. Many PCs are behind Firewalls that drop traffic on Port 25 if you try to use Email, but port 80 is almost always oppen.

I also agree with Jonathan, that sending back feedback should be a opt-in decision during the installation.

Yours
Martin