[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio presentation at Virginia Tech, Monday

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio presentation at Virginia Tech, Monday
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 17:06:59 -0400

Hi everyone,

We've been holding GNU Radio Hackfests every now and then in the past.
These are meant for the main, core developers to get together and
develop new material and features, fix bugs, and figure out where we
want to go as a project. You can see some of the output of our last
Hackfest from November of last year:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Hackfest1211

We're holding our next one this coming week at Virginia Tech. As part
of it, we're reaching out to the local community at the university and
around the area with a brief informational session Monday morning from
10-12.

I want to be clear that this isn't something that I'd recommend for
anyone outside of an easy  drive to Blacksburg, VA. But at the same
time, I didn't want anyone around to miss it if you are in the area.
So feel free to come and chat with us! Here are the details:

When: Monday, June 3, 2013

      10am - 12pm

Where: ICTAS 310

Schedule:

10:00: Tom Rondeau, GNU Radio maintainer

       Introduction to GNU Radio, the community, and the Hackfest

10:20: Ben Hilburn Ettus Research, LLC

       Review of software radio hardware

10:40: Johnathan Corgan, Corgan Labs and co-maintainer of GNU Radio

       Interfacing and contributing to the community and the project.

11:00: Philip Balister, OpenSDR and GNU Radio contributor

       Developing the open source community in the university.

11:20: Martin Braun, Ph.D. candidate, KIT and GNU Radio contributor

       Ben Reynwar, GNU Radio contributor

       Discussing their contributions to GNU Radio and describing the

       new OFDM development.

11:40: Q & A

Tom