[Discuss-gnuradio] issues with the GL scopesinks on KUBUNTU 13.04

From: Arturo Rinaldi
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] issues with the GL scopesinks on KUBUNTU 13.04
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 02:56:16 +0200

Hi folks, I have just built the 3.6.4.1, 3.6.4.2 and 3.6.5 tarballs on the latest KUBUNTU (13.04 raring ringtail) with these sequence of shell commands :

$ ./build-gnuradio -v prereqs

$ mkdir build

$ cd build

$ cmake -DENABLE_BAD_BOOST=ON -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/python2.7 -DPYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/include/python2.7 -DPYTHON_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpython2.7.so -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCPACK_GENERATOR="DEB" ../

$make package -j5

and so making a custom deb package for my distro. I had to use cmake with a lot of command line arguments since the library linking is not taken for granted on the Ubuntu derivative distros (such as Kubuntu for instance). Maybe this was also the reason because my builds always failed on Kubuntu 12.10.....it was just a matter of setting the correct paths in cmake (Sorry Tom and Josh for Bothering so much ) ! ! !

However i have just bumped in another issue, this time the blocks affected are the GL sinks. Let me show you with this screenshot :

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/gnuradioissue.png/

I have never experienced this issue before. The scope part where the waveforms are usually showed is blank !. I tested the built deb(s) on a virtual machine running Ubuntu 13.04 instead of Kubuntu and they all work fine.....could be this issue a kde related bug which is bound to the GL manager/libraries of the distro or something similar ?

P.S. The 3.6.4.1 deb works perfectly on Kubuntu, the problems apparently affects the 3.6.4.2 and 3.6.5 deb packages. Fortunately, I am able to work on my projects with the 3.6.4.1 at the very moment.....I decided to switch to Kubuntu long time ago and now I got used to it.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

              Arturo