Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion isn't aware of custom pythonp

From: Arturo Rinaldi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion isn't aware of custom pythonpath(s)
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 16:38:35 +0200

i was thinking about it but i can't find the right argument to pass to the config file. I looked up on the internet and there's no proper way to do in a simple thing as :

[path]
mypath=path1:path2

so i decided to make my own script

!# /bin/bash

export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:<my-
custom-path> \

gnuradio-companion

and link it to the .desktop file in my app menu in KDE. Gnuradio documentation lacks this information, so i really don't know where to search for.

Regards

2013/6/7 Gregory Warnes <address@hidden>
Perhaps something to add to the [grc] section of ~/.gnuradio/config.conf?

-Greg

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 5:14 PM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:

>> On 06/06/2013 02:54 PM, Arturo Rinaldi wrote:
>>>
>>> I bumped into a strange issue in the past few days. When i launch GRC by
>>> the desktop link generated, the program itself isn't aware of my custom
>>> pythonpath set in the .bashrc settings file. I tried to modify the
>>> desktop link also by checking the option to *launch the program in a
>>> terminal* and putting into the blank space :
>>>
>>> /export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:<my-custom-path>  \ gnuradio-companion/
>>>
>>> but without any results. I have never experienced this issue with the
>>> past versions of gnuradio. I'm running Kubuntu 13.04 with gnuradio
>>> 3.6.4.1. The only way it works is by making a script and launch it from
>>> my desktop. No issues if i launch GRC from shell, after all the
>>> pythonpath is embedded in the launched shell.
>>>
>>> thanks in advance for helping me.
>>
>> I can confirm that this is an issue. There may need to be a helper
>> gnuradio-companion script that sets the env vars and then calls the
>> actual python script. The gnuradio-grc.desktop would call this script
>> instead. Not sure of a better way to do that.
>>
>> -josh
>>

> In Ubuntu, terminals aren't automatically "login" terminals, and so don't
> run your .bashrc, although for terminals at least, you can configure
>   them to pretend to be "login" terminals, and thus run your .bashrc.
>

> --
> Marcus Leech
> Principal Investigator
> Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium
> http://www.sbrac.org

"Whereas true religion and good morals are the only solid foundations
of public liberty and happiness . . . it is hereby earnestly
recommended to the several States to take the most effectual measures
for the encouragement thereof." Continental Congress, 1778